Come and join us making Ornaments for Halloween 2013. Each month we have a different theme. You choose your chart, fabric and threads. Share your progress as you go along and post your finished piece on the last day of the month. You can join at anytime throughout the year and choose which months you wish to stitch with us. Happy stitching.

Thursday 2 May 2013

Jo's March Finish, April Non-start and May's Choice

I think that covers everything!

Here is the design I stitched for Haunted House in March scrapbooked on a suitable spooky paper:

La Contesse Haunted Castle photo DSC03617LaContesseCastle_zpsdd91794f.jpg


This is a freebie from La Contesse's blog.  I changed it slightly to make it square and added a little witch charm instead of the charted stitched bats.  It is stitched over 1 on 28count burnt orange Jazlyn.  

La Contesse Haunted Castle photo DSC03618LaContesseCastle_zps1c509d01.jpg

I didn't manage to stitch anything for April's Free Choice because I was busy with Easter giveaway prizes so I thought we'd skip a month and dive straight into May's Ghost.

I have a choice of two, one is from JCS Hallowe'en Special 2012, a simple ghost with the word Boo in orange.  The other is a freebie from a new blog called Snowflower Diaries, you may have heard of it?  It will probably come down to time (or lack thereof!)

3 comments:

  1. I love your finish!
    Hum!! Maybe you can pick the freebie ;)
    Have a fun stitching!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it on the orange.
    Patricia

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very cool looking haunted house -- I love the orange fabric

    ReplyDelete