Come and join us making Ornaments for Halloween 2013. Each month we have a different theme. You choose your chart, fabric and threads. Share your progress as you go along and post your finished piece on the last day of the month. You can join at anytime throughout the year and choose which months you wish to stitch with us. Happy stitching.

Tuesday 26 February 2013

Tiki Stitches - Black Cat February


I was excited to be joining in the SAL this month and went searching through my patterns for a black cat.  I found one on the back of Prairie Schoolers Book #156, Boo to You.  There was a cat and a pumpkin which helped me make up for missing last month.  So I got out the black floss and started stitching.  And then I looked at the pattern so I could find the other colors.  Strangest thing – no black – that cat was charted in 3371. Ha!  Short leap from there to changing every other color (except the cat’s nose) and this is where I ended up.

 
I’ve almost decided on a haunted house for next month.  This time I’ll read the pattern first – maybe!

Happy stitching!

3 comments:

  1. Cute! Great idea to combine two months in one.

    Actually both my Jan and Feb featured a cat and a pumpkin!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So cute, love how you finished!

    ReplyDelete